A new life already started

A new life already started
Following my feet.. trusting my heart

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting closer

Since my skiing experience I've been having ups and downs with regards to my work outs. I got into the IACF routine last Saturday again. I had a team WOD at my coach's place. I wish I had been able to do the same as my team mates but...no snatches for me! Jen modified it and I did my best with push ups, shoulder presses and handstands. Fair enough.

On Sunday I joined my CF girls to do a fun WOD at Austin HS. They are awesome! They figured out something for me too. Actually we did two wods and, feeling I'm back again made my day. :)

When I went back to CFC last Monday I was full of energy. Although I couldnt do the CFW work out, I burnt calories, energy and, more important, negativism. (did i just make up that word??...oops!). But... (there's always one).. the following morning my knee didnt agree with my recovered motivation... Why the hell???!!! I got in the school limping in my knee. I guess that's the reason why my kids were staring at me so weird, in shock and confused... they might have thought I was miming somebody...

The thing is my mind's more than ready to take the next step in this challenge but my body is fighting against it. Today I had a fun modified wod. After that I practiced for a while some kipping pull-ups. Still 3 in a row... well, "be patient Myriam, you'll get them" I repeat to myself. I have my own pace.

On the other side, I'm thrilled because yesterday I did 15 push-ups on my toes in a row!!! finally!!! My IACF goal was 10 so.... Yeeeeeeha! now I should move on and try to increase the number of reps or/and sets. Almost there!!!

Tomorrow the doc'll tell me the final diagnosis. Let's see what's the punishment this time. Crossing my fingers... I cannot quit the challenge now. I love this challenge. I'm still IN. Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment