A new life already started

A new life already started
Following my feet.. trusting my heart

Saturday, January 23, 2010

"mala pata"

In Spanish that's "tough luck"... and I guess, it's what I had last weekend. I went to skii to Colorado with some friends and what I expected happened: I fell down more than once. At first, as a beginner I was ok with that but then, after twisted it more than a couple of times I started to worry. I guess not enough to stop skiing and wait for my friends in a bar down the hill (and i didnt want to be tempted by prohibited drinks..).
I kept on enjoying it til the trails were closed. I was having so much fun!!! On Tuesday I came back to reality though... and to its painful consequences.

The doctor didnt tell me yet what is all about but probably it has to do something with the meniscus... argh! and just now! when I'm so into the challenge!!! I cried in the emergency room when nobody was arround.. injured again! it's always the same story. Everytime I'm getting to the next level in a sport I get injured... so frustrating!!...

This week has been pretty hard getting used to the fact I'm gonna need to slow down my training habits. However, looking or trying to find the positive side of all this, I've decided to follow doc's instructions about my knee: rest, rest and rest, but at the same time, to take advantage of the situation and improve my upper body, my weak point.

So this morning I headed up to my IACF team WOD and did what my coach Jen prepared for me to do. It wasnt as fun as my team mates WOD but at least I did it with them and I felt submerged in the challenge again.

Tomorrow I'm joining my CF girls to play a little with pull-ups, push-ups or whatever I can do with them. I'm lucky to have them arround. You inspire me..Thanks girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment