A new life already started

A new life already started
Following my feet.. trusting my heart

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

the real challenge

Most people who get to know me well already know I do not like running pretty much. I do it because I have to and because I'm concerned about the importance of improving my running skills and my Crossfit performance. But the truth is running has always been a tough sport routine for me.
There was a time when I used to wake up very early (well, not as early as I do now, but it was by then) in the morning to go running. I was living in Valencia and I had a particular goal: to pass the PE exams for my teacher position in Madrid. I guess that was what encouraged me to reach that goal. It was tough though. I used to find different ways to run the same distance so that it was more enjoyable. 

Now I feel like I lost all those running routines and it's hard to get them back again. I included a goal about running more often and get into it again. However, my mind tries to cheat and discourage me while I'm doing it. For example, last night I did the 2nd IACF WOD of the week (run 2 miles per time) and it turned out being harder (for me) than "Angie". Despite having my Ipod and trying to think about other issues, my mind only wanted me to quit it. I guess running in a treadmill doesn't help at all, I prefer running outside for sure, but it was too late last nite and going for a run around my neighborhood gets kind of dangerous.

I definitely can run short distances as fast as I can. I do not mind running 400 m or 800 m, actually, I think I like it. But when I have to run longer my mind is stronger than my will... 

I normally have good times when the WOD includes a short run, but yesterday it was a nightmare... or at least that's how I felt. The 2 miles took me around 16 min (15:29 to be precise) and it was rugged for me to stay on the treadmill.

Today I woke up with all that in mind, being even more confident about reaching my new goals and doing the best I can in the IACF challenge. Nobody said it was gonna be easy, but the truth is that it's getting more interesting and challenging... I LOVE IT!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!

    Running is more fun when you do it in a group. Next week's endurance wod we should do together! But I'm so used to seeing the back of you during a run :) My goal for January is to work on running!

    ReplyDelete