A new life already started

A new life already started
Following my feet.. trusting my heart

Monday, January 11, 2010

Paleo stuffed peppers... hmmm!

I started doing Paleo in July and, since then, I've been having the impression I eat the same thing every single day. I tried to change my blocks, my eating routines, but I always end having almost the same sort of things... and that kind of bores me. I've been also following some Paleo/Crossfit blogs to find ideas and recipes to enjoy the diet more and feel better about what I was eating,  but my tight schedule + my shameful laziness made it pretty hard.
 
So I decided to include a goal about that in  "My New Life Journal". From now on I'll try to spend more time in the kitchen finding new ways to cook my Paleo blocks and practicing someone else's recipes.

Yesterday I went to have lunch with some of my Spanish friends. They are pretty skeptic about my Crossfit thing and diet habits so I decided to cook something I could eat and they'd enjoy as well.
My try was what now is gonna be my specialty: "Paleo stuffed bell peppers"....hmmm! They turned out delicious!!

Ingredients (6 people):

6+1 green bell peppers
1 red bell pepper
1/4 eggplant
1/4 zuchini
1 poblano pepper
1/4 sweet potato (if u have it after WOD)
1/2 frozen spinach
chicken ground meat or  breast chunks
sliced almonds (or pecans)
garlic powder
olive oil
salt















As the picture shows the bell peppers are cut in halves and stuffed with the veggies and the meat. Some sliced almonds are sprinkled on the top. Put them in the oven at 400 degrees aprox, wait and... ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment